Wed. May 18th, 2022

‘It was much worse than I thought’: Stanley Tucci, 60, reveals he ate through a feeding tube for six months and still ‘can not eat everything he wanted’ three years after battling oral cancer


Stanley Tucci has described how he still ‘can not eat everything he wanted’ three years after undergoing an exhausting treatment for oral cancer.

The 60-year-old actor shared insights into his health struggles during a performance at Thursday’s Lorraine as he explained how he used his love of food to explain his cancer battles in his new memory.

Stanley also revealed that he was forced to be fed through a tube for six months while undergoing radiation therapy to his throat, which destroyed his taste buds and saliva.

Views: Stanley Tucci has described how he still 'can not eat everything he wants' three years after undergoing an exhausting treatment for oral cancer.

Views: Stanley Tucci has described how he still ‘can not eat everything he wants’ three years after undergoing an exhausting treatment for oral cancer.

In detail about his cancer battle, Stanley said: ‘It was bad … it was much worse than I thought. The tumor was so large that it could not be used. The cancer had not metastasized. ‘

The explanation for his treatment included radiation that ruined his taste buds and saliva, the Hunger Games star added three years ago that he still cannot eat everything he used to enjoy.

He added: ‘I ate through a feeding tube for six months. Three years later, everything is fine, but I still can not eat everything I would like to eat. ‘

Stanley also revealed that he briefly lost his sense of taste for five days when he got Covid-19 last year, adding: ‘It was a bit of a panic.’

Open: Actor shared insight into his health struggles during a performance Thursday's episode of Lorraine

Open: Actor shared insight into his health struggles during a performance Thursday’s episode of Lorraine

Insight: Stanley explained how he used his love of food to explain his cancer battles in his new memoir

Insight: Stanley explained how he used his love of food to explain his cancer battles in his new memoir

Difficult: Stanley also revealed that he was forced to be fed through a tube for six months while undergoing radiation therapy to his neck

Difficult: Stanley also revealed that he was forced to be fed through a tube for six months while undergoing radiation therapy to his neck

Stanley previously revealed that he lost about 30kg while on treatment for oral cancer after losing his sense of taste during chemotherapy.

The Burlesque actor also said that his ‘taste buds and salivary glands were destroyed like the inside of my mouth and it has really taken two years to get back to normal.’

The actor recently revealed that the tumor in his tongue was too large to operate on so he could endure high-dose radiation and chemotherapy.

Worrying: Stanley commented on his cancer battle and said, 'It was bad ... it was a lot worse than I thought.  The tumor was so large that it could not be used '

Worrying: Stanley commented on his cancer battle and said, ‘It was bad … it was a lot worse than I thought. The tumor was so large that it could not be used ‘

Close call: Stanley also revealed that he briefly lost his sense of taste for five days when he got Covid-19 last year, adding: 'It was a bit of a panic'

Close call: Stanley also revealed that he briefly lost his sense of taste for five days when he got Covid-19 last year, adding: ‘It was a bit of a panic’

A Hard Way: Stanley detailed his cancer battles as he explained how he used his love of food to tell the story of his life in his new memoir

A Hard Way: Stanley detailed his cancer battles as he explained how he used his love of food to tell the story of his life in his new memoir

It was during this time that the actor lost his sense of taste.

When asked what it was like to go through it, Tucci replied ‘It was devastating.’

He went on to add: ‘Fortunately, the cure rate was very high. So it’s three years later now and everything’s fine, but I could not eat solid food for six months. ‘

Although his battle with cancer naturally took its course, the actor took a moment to notice how happy he is to be alive.

‘That said, it’s a small price to pay to be alive and able to follow my family,’ he remarked.

Open: The Hunger Games star recently revealed that the tumor in his tongue was too large to operate to withstand high-dose radiation and chemotherapy

Open: The Hunger Games star recently revealed that the tumor in his tongue was too large to operate to withstand high-dose radiation and chemotherapy

Staying busy: The actor has been busy in recent years and has several projects on the horizon;  seen in the movie La Fortuna

Staying busy: The actor has been busy in recent years and has several projects on the horizon; seen in the movie La Fortuna

Now without cancer, the actor has stepped back into the fast-paced entertainment industry in recent years.

The actor has roles in two series that are currently being filmed. The first is Inside Man, about a prisoner on death row and a woman trapped in a basement crossing paths. No release date has been set yet.

The second series is Citadel, which is a spy series that premieres on Amazon Prime Video. He will appear alongside Priyanka Chopra Jonas in the series.

In addition to the two series, Tucci also has an upcoming role as the famous music director Clive Davis in the Whitney Huston cinema I Wanna Dance with Somebody.

His beautiful wife: Stanley is pictured with his wife Felicity Blunt at the Women's Prize for Fiction 2021 in London last month

His beautiful wife: Stanley is pictured with his wife Felicity Blunt at the Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021 in London last month

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.