Sat. May 21st, 2022

coronavirus, rachel stephen-smith, baby test positive, canberra hospital cluster, coronavirus, canberra hospital nursery case

Another baby in Canberra Hospital’s special care has tested positive for COVID-19, as studies continue to hunt for the source of the growing cluster. ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith confirmed that another baby and a team member at Canberra Hospital’s Centenary Hospital for Women and Children were among the 41 positive cases announced Thursday. It comes a day after a baby who had been in the nursery for some time tested positive on Wednesday. The child first began to show symptoms of coronavirus Tuesday night. Two caregivers who had visited the nursery were also confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the cluster’s total to five. The outbreak has forced 28 health workers to quarantine as a result of the exposure. Stephen-Smith said none of the babies were in critical condition, but one had been moved to a COVID ward. MORE COVID-19 NEWS: She pointed out that further cases could come from the cluster, but was convinced that the team for infectious diseases would be able to prevent a major outbreak. “I also have great confidence in the Canberra Health Services Infectious Diseases team and the prevention and control measures that are in place,” she said. “We have seen from past exposures and potential exposures across our hospitals a very low pass in hospital settings.” I hope that continues to be the case in this cluster as well. “Stephen-Smith said a growing cluster should not deter anyone from going to the big hospital if they need medical attention.” I want to reassure Canberrans that this situation is handled professionally and that people can feel safe in to get to the hospital if they need hospital treatment, “she said. Our healthcare services have strong measures in place to protect everyone, including the use of personal protective equipment, restrictions on visitors and screening for anyone entering a healthcare facility. “Stephen-Smith previously marked” one, if not two “additional cases would be announced on Thursday. Investigations into the source of the first positive case are still ongoing. Canberra Health Services interim CEO Dave Peffer’s assistance on Wednesday was the special care institution a of the few places in the hospital where there were special visitation arrangements. “We know that parents have to come every day to potentially feed or provide the close care of the babies,” he said. “And so at this point, We are not a known source of transmission. “Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in ACT and lockdown is free for all to access. However, we rely on subscription revenue to support our journalism. can, you can subscribe here.If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.Our journalists work hard to l evere local, updated news to the community. Here’s how to continue accessing our trusted content:

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/143258707/2f4e505c-47e8-4956-be92-f1f8a7a17e46.jpg/r3_285_5566_3428_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.