Thu. May 19th, 2022

England confirmed it will travel to Australia for the Ashes series in December after its officials gave conditional approval of the trip early this morning (AEDT).

England has been questioning the seven-week trip for several months while negotiating less restrictive health and travel protocols in the pandemic.

Captain Joe Root committed to the trip this week after raising doubts last month, but it has not yet been seen whether his participation will affect his teammates’ decision to play in the ashes, which begins on December 8th.

Following “excellent progress” in negotiations with Cricket Australia, the England and Wales Cricket Board said the trip was “subject to several critical conditions” without elaborating.

“To facilitate further progress and enable the selection of a squad, the ECB’s Board of Directors met today and gave its approval for the tour to continue,” it said in a statement.

READ MORE: Australia sets new record in World Cup qualifiers with victory over Oman

READ MORE: The Stormboard ‘seriously considered raising’ Cameron Munster

“This decision is subject to several critical conditions that are met before we travel. We look forward to the ongoing assistance from Cricket Australia to resolve these issues in the coming days.”

England disrupted its annual schedule when it canceled a tour of Pakistan this month, with the architect of the controversial decision, President Ian Watmore, stopping on Thursday.

For a daily dose of the best news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, sign up for our newsletter per. click here!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.