Winning jockey: Damien Oliver
31 years between Caulfield Guinea’s winner: “There is a long time between drinks.
“It required a top-class colt to do it. He has shown us so much since day one. He’s just a magnificent specimen of a horse. When I took on him today, for the first time in a little while, I could see that he had grown into a beautiful horse that we thought he would.
“We had a good run, three widths with coverage, but he never really took me in the race. I was just a little on him to turn him on, and even when he came in front, he felt like he was pricking ears.
“He is a magnificent horse. He is like many good horses, he knows he is good, sticks ears to the camera.
“It is a great excitement to win a big race for Godolphin. They’ve been good supporters for the last 12 months and there’s a great team behind them with Reg (Fleming) and Sean (Keogh) down here in Melbourne and James has certainly given us a lot of support down here as well. ”
The Cummings family has been so good: “I rode my first group 1 for his grandfather Bart here on Submariner in Sir Rupert Clarke. I have ridden group 1 for his father Anthony and now also James.
“It’s good to do it for three generations.”
On the barrier: “It probably worked out the way I hoped it would. I was hoping to find the back of Captivant. He is a good horse and he could take me along in the race on three widths with coverage.
“It doesn’t always work the way you want it to, but it did today. He is a nice momentum builder horse and he was able to release a good finish from the outside. ”
2000m Cox plate: “I do not want to put it off him. He is a great strong stallion. He relaxes well. I’m sure the team will have a discussion about that. He definitely has the right temperament for it and he is a lovely horse. We’ll see what happens. ”
WHAT A COLT!
– 7HorseRacing ? (@ 7horseracing) October 9, 2021
Beat Jockeys2. – Luke Currie – Captivant: “Really good race. Just beaten by a better on the day. ”
3. – Damian Lane – Artorius: “Really good race. Unfortunately, it did not go well and ended up a bit back. ”
4. – Luke Nolen – Lyssværd: “Very nice race. Probably 1600 meters in this class sees him out. ”
5. -Ben Allen -Hitotsu: “He ran well. Very nice horse and looking forward to when he comes to Flemington. ”
6. – Daniel Moor – Forgot: “Nice final race. He followed the winner, but the winner had a slightly too sharp turn of the foot for him, but he closed well off. ”
7. – Brian Higgins – Prix De Turn: “Ran terrific. Had to get far back from the awkward draw and he tried to close better than anything other than the winner. ”
8. – Craig Williams – Tiger Of Malay: “I think he represented himself well over 1600 meters today.”
9. – Jye McNeil – Hr. Mozart: “He was honest enough in class. Just had to do it the hard way wide and fast. ”
10. – Jamie Mott – Daily Bugle: “He traveled well through the race. Got a little tight to the corner and I do not think he appreciated it. ”
11. – Brett Prebble – Giannis: “The track is too hard for him. He really felt it and he just could not let go of it
12. – Michael Dee – Riverplate: “Probably felt the track, but disappointing.”
13. – Jordan Childs – Knightstown: “Ran as good as it could. Probably not quite up to that level yet. ”
14. – Damien Thornton – Alpine Edge: “Does not run a mile.”
15. – Craig Newitt – Zerelle: “He was disappointing today. He jumped well and had a good run off the pace, although it was a pretty strong pace, he gave up pretty quickly. ”
READ: Anamoe arrives on time
Use the form now