If you want to run errands or get out and get started on Thanksgiving Monday, but are not sure what will be open, let this help guide you.
Shopping, food and drink
- The Metro grocery store in Glebe is open Monday from 7 to 18.
- All other metros and food basics are closed. IGA stores in Gatineau are open.
- All Sobeys and FreshCo stores throughout the city will be closed Monday.
- Loblaws on Rideau Street are open until 10pm, while the Isabella Street location is open until 8pm All other Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstores are closed.
- All Ottawa Beer Store and LCBO locations are closed.
- ByWard Market is open with normal opening hours, but some companies have the option to close.
- Stores in Glebe have been allowed to open Thanksgiving Monday since 2016 along with five other statutory holidays year-round. Contact the individual companies to see if they are open.
- Bayshore Shopping Center, Hazeldean Mall, Place d’Orléans, Carlingwood Shopping Center and St. Laurent Shopping Center is all closed Monday.
- The Rideau Center is open from 10 to 18
- Call smaller, independent companies for opening hours.
Galleries and museums
- Three museums normally closed on Mondays – the Museum of Nature, the National Gallery of Canada and the Canada Science and Technology Museum – will be open this Monday.
- The Canada Aviation and Space Museum and the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum will also be open.
- The Canadian War Museum and Canadian Museum of History are closed Monday.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and City Hall Art Gallery at Ottawa City Hall are closed.
- All other art centers, galleries, theaters and museums in the City of Ottawa will close on Monday.
COVID-19 test centers
- The temporary pop-up COVID-19 assessment center at McNabb will be open from 6 p.m. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brewer Park Arena assessment centers for both adults and children are open from 10:30 to 17:30
- The test centers at Moodie Drive and at the Ray Friel Recreation Complex are open from 8:00 to 15:30 and 9:00 to 13:00, respectively.
- The COVID-19 drive-thru assessment center on Coventry Road is open from 10:00 to 17:30, while the North Grenville location in Kemptville is open from 9:00 to 13:00.
- Centretown Community Health Center, Sandy Hill Community Health Center and Somerset West Community Health Center are all closed.
Ottawa Public Health
- Sexual health clinic and satellite clinics are closed on Monday.
- The Site Needle and Syringe Program office at 179 Clarence St., along with supervised consumer services, will be closed. The site’s mobile van runs from 17.00 to 23.30
- Dental clinics and the baby helpline are closed. The Ottawa Public Health (OPH) Information Center will be closed, but OPH’s COVID-19 vaccine booking line at 613-691-5505 will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
City of Ottawa services
- Ottawa City Hall and customer service centers are closed.
- The city’s 311 contact center is open for urgent questions. People can call 311 or 613-580-2400, and people with a hearing-related disability can call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green trash can, recycling and waste collection
- There will be no green trash, recycling or garbage collection. Pick-up takes place on Tuesday, October 12, and pick-up is delayed by one day the rest of the week.
- Garbage containers for several homes are collected on the usual scheduled day. Recycling bins and green bins will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail Road landfill will be open from 9 to 17 Monday.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions still apply on Thanksgiving Day.
- There is free underground parking at City Hall from Friday at. 18:00 to Tuesday at 06.00
- OC Transpo runs on Sunday according to plan on Monday.
- Rideau Center OC Transpo customer service center will be open from 10 to kl. 16 Customer Service Centers at Place d’Orléans, Lincoln Fields and St. Laurent will be closed.
- The transit agency’s customer service line (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 to 21
- Para Transpo will run a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips are canceled automatically. Customers can book tours by calling 613-244-7272.
- Some indoor pools and weight and cardio rooms will be open, but with changed schedules. Please see Ottawa.ca or the optional facility for details.
- Some drop-in fitness and sports activities continue on a changed schedule, but most registered programs at swimming pools, community centers and arenas are canceled. Contact your facility to confirm.