The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes on Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 11thth.
Visit ottawa.ca and octranspo.com to find a list of city services and facilities affected by COVID-19.
Customer service centers
- The city’s 3-1-1 contact center will only be open for urgent questions. For more information, visit ottawa.ca/311
- The Client Services Centers at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard will close
- The city’s Provincial Offenses Court at 100 Constellation Drive will also be closed
Green trash can, recycling and waste collection
- There will be no collection of green trash cans, recycling or trash on Thanksgiving Day. Collection scheduled for Monday, October 11th will be collected on Tuesday, October 12th. The rest of the week the collection is delayed by one day
- Waste for multi-dwelling properties will be collected on the regularly scheduled day. Recycling of multiple homes, green bins and bulky collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All parking restrictions remain in effect. Unsigned overtime restrictions have a six-hour limit on statutory holidays.
- On Monday 11 October, all bus connections – including replacement for R1 bus and O-Train Line 2 buses – run according to Sunday’s timetable
- The OC Transpo customer service center in the Rideau Center will be open from 10:00 to 16:00
- Plan ahead: call 613-560-5000 to make an appointment
- All other OC Transpo customer service centers are currently closed
- You can buy or load a Presto card:
- Use of ticket machines at O-Train Line 1 stations, Greenboro Station and Ottawa International Airport
- At Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore locations
- Telephone at 1-8-PRESTO-123 (1-877-378-6123)
- By downloading the PRESTO app
- You can load your ParaPay account at parapay.octranspo.com or by calling 613-560-5000
- For Transpo operations:
- Para Transpo will run a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically canceled on Monday, October 11th. Customers can start booking tours a week in advance by calling 613-560-5000 or using the online web form
- The reservation line will be open from 7:00 to 17:00
- The line for cancellation of the trip will be open from 6:00 to 12:30
- The telephone line of the taxi coupon will be closed
- Heartwood House (OC Transpo Lost and Found) closes
- For more information on Thanksgiving Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000
- All branches in the Ottawa Public Library will be closed
Recreation and cultural services
- Some indoor pools will be open to public swimming with changing schedules
- Some weight and cardio rooms will be open with changed schedules
- Some drop-in fitness and sports activities are offered according to a changed schedule. Contact your facility to confirm.
- Most registered programs are canceled. As there are some exceptions, please contact your facility to confirm.
Ottawa Public Health (OPH)
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination times and availability
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 test information page for hours of operation and book appointments at assessment centers and care clinics in Ottawa
- Some test sites will have adjusted opening hours on Monday, October 11th. Before booking an appointment, please review the opening hours of your local test web
Public health services
- Sexual health clinic and satellite clinics close
- The site’s program office and supervised consumer services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The site’s van runs from 17.00 to 23.30
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Center and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Order Line at 613-691-5505 will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, October 11th
- Dental clinics will be closed
- The baby guide will be closed
Community and social services
- The Tom Brown respite at 141 Bayview Station Road and the Bernard Grandmaître respite at 309 McArthur Avenue will both be closed
- The centers will reopen on Tuesday, October 12, during normal business hours
Municipal childcare services
- All municipal childcare will be closed
Visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) for more information on city programs and services. You can also connect to the city of Ottawa via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE