Sat. Oct 16th, 2021

A London mother has blown up a hotel in Manchester after living in a room with moldy tea bags, a dirty toilet, dead insects, no electricity and no room key.

The anonymous mother visited the Victoria Park Hotel in Rusholme, Manchester, with her family while dropping off her daughter at university, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Two rooms at the hotel cost the family £ 130 for an overnight stay and were booked via booking.com.

READ MORE: Disabled woman, 56, ‘drowned’ in black mold for 2 years desperately asking for advice

The hotel was blown up for not having any electricity

“It was not the most expensive place, so I did not expect luxury,” said the mother.

“I have traveled quite a bit and used booking.com for years.

“I was not expecting anything big, that was not the purpose of the trip.

“But we were quite shocked.

“It was the worst place I’ve ever lived, I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Pictures obtained by MEN show paint flaking off the walls and dead insects on the windowsills.

The mother was told at check-in that there was a problem with the keys, which meant they would not be allowed to keep one for the room.

Another staff member who did not speak English used a master key instead to open both rooms.

The family was escorted back to their room on their return and told again that they could not keep a key.

MyLondon’s brilliant new newsletter On the 12th is packed with news, views, features and meaning from across the city.

Every day we send you a free e-mail around kl. 12 with 12 stories to keep you entertained, informed and uplifted. It’s the perfect lunchtime reading.

The MyLondon team tells London stories to Londoners. Our 45 journalists cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets.

Never miss a moment by signing up for The 12 Newsletter here.

Eventually, Mom was given a key that opened both doors, but said the situation was “very nervous.”

She said: “It was getting late and my 8-year-old daughter was getting tired.

“I took her to the bathroom and left it as soon as I came in.

“I’m not sure what was worse – the excrement marks on the toilet seat, the mold, the dirt, the window that did not close, or the hair that was left in the shower.

“Do not care about the design of random tiles that are violently pushed together, clearly against their will. The floor stuck to our shoes.

“The overwhelming stench of mold permeated every skin of our skin.”

After putting her daughter to sleep, the mother tried to make a cup of tea, but found that there was no power in the room as none of the sockets worked.

“I was trapped in a dirty, smelly room with no telephone and no electricity and windows that did not lock,” she said.

“I was not about to leave my daughter unattended at this place, where a key opens several rooms, and seek help at the front desk.”

The ventilation in the room was so poor that the tea bags were moldy, she added.

“My daughter was asthmatic as a child, luckily she grew out of it, but it was the first night she’s coughed like that since she was three or four years old,” she said.

“I had a hard time breathing. I don’t know if it was the anxiety too.”

Victoria Park Hotel did not respond to a request for comment when contacted by MENNE.

The mother was initially offered an apology and a £ 26 travel credit at booking.com, which was bumped up to £ 130 after MENNE approached the hotel for comment.

A spokesman said: “The health and safety of our customers is a key priority for us at Booking.com as well as providing accommodation that meets the expectations of travelers, which clearly did not happen in this case.

“We have been in touch with the customer, offered full refunds and any other costs associated with the move and will contact the homeowner to address how they are preparing their property for visitors to ensure all future guests have a great experience.”

Want the latest crime, sports or breaking news in London straight to your inbox? Tailor your needs to suit you here .

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *