Wed. Oct 27th, 2021

Sources tell Global News that the Ontario government will announce plans to leave Step 3 of its COVID-19 reopening plan by next week.

A source who is not authorized to speak in public said that the first phase of the plan will determine when the capacity limits can be lifted for the remaining venues, e.g. Restaurants already covered by a vaccination proof policy.

A revised plan is expected late next week that will be a way to leave the roadmap for reopening in Ontario, the source said.

Ontario’s Chief Health Officer, Dr. Kieran Moore, is expected to provide a weekly COVID-19 update Thursday afternoon. Last Thursday, Moore announced plans for Thanksgiving and Halloween, but did not mention capacity limits.

Read more:

COVID-19-Ontario raises capacity limits for theaters, venues; restaurants, gyms among the left out

The story continues below the ad

Just before the Thanksgiving weekend, Friday, the government raised capacity limits for cinemas, theaters, spectator sports venues, concert venues, meeting and event venues, horse racing and racetracks. These venues were allowed to operate at 100 percent capacity from Saturday.

For these sites, the government said it made the changes based on high vaccination levels, stable public health indicators and the vaccine certificate requirements that went into effect last month.

The province came up with a three-step plan in the spring / summer for reopening. Ontario has been in step 3 since July 16th.

Read more:

‘Just does not make sense’ – Guelph restaurateur wants capacity constraints loosened

According to the province’s website on “moving beyond the roadmap”, most of the public health measures from step 3 will be lifted. This includes removing capacity limits, removing boundaries for social gatherings and organized public events, and removing requirements such as active screening of patrons and workers.

However, it also states that a small number of measures will remain in place, such as masking, passive screening such as signage, collecting contact information for a patron and a security plan.

See link »


© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *