THAT The City of Vancouver invites the public to help create a bold new plan for its future, called the Vancouver Plan.
The Vancouver Plan will guide growth and change for the entire city by 2050.
From October 25, the city will share choices and priorities for how Vancouver can grow into the future.
Everyone who lives, works or plays in Vancouver is invited to attend and is encouraged to pre-register for any of the events below. Be a part of the decision, share your thoughts and ideas about this important work.
- Online survey on different ways Vancouver could grow.
- Virtual open house provides background information, including the many ways to participate.
- Virtual neighborhoods within neighborhoods are facilitated by city staff to discuss ideas and directions and gather feedback from neighborhood perspectives.
- Outdoor pop-up windows with unique, socially distant stalls. No registration required.
- Look into the open house at City Lab (511 West Broadway, Vancouver). No registration required.
The Vancouver Plan will build a more livable, affordable and sustainable city. The 3 ‘big ideas’ proposed here came from feedback in two earlier phases of public engagement:
- More affordable housing and complete neighborhoods
- An economy that works for everyone
- Climate protection and restored ecosystems
In the fall, the city will share information about the Vancouver Plan and the 3 ‘big ideas’ on Vancouverplan.ca and through the City of Vancouver social media channels.
Ads across the city will also start popping up, including a city-wide postcard with postcards landing in mailboxes this week.
Residents can pre-register and learn more about upcoming public engagements at Vancouverplan.ca