Abigail Abesamis Demarest
- To view and delete your Amazon Prime viewing history, go to the Prime Video Settings page.
- You can only view and delete your Amazon Prime viewing history in a web browser, not the Prime Video app.
- You can delete titles from your Continue Watching carousel by clicking the Edit button.
- Visit the Insiders Tech Reference Library for more stories.
Amazon Prime keeps track of the movies and shows you’ve seen so it can recommend other titles you might be interested in. It’s a useful feature in theory, but if you share an account with someone who has a different taste than you, or if you watch a few episodes of a show before deciding that it is not for you, it may lead to some irrelevant recommendations.
There is a way to remove titles from your Amazon Prime viewing history as well as your Continue Watch list. Here’s everything you need to know.
How to view and delete Amazon Prime viewing history
1. Go to Amazon and log in to your Amazon Prime account if necessary.
2. On the left side of the banner at the top of the Amazon homepage, click Prime Video fane.
3. Click on the gear on the Prime Video page Settings icon in the upper right corner, and select Settings in the drop-down menu. You may need to enter your password on the next screen.
4. click on Watch history tab at the top of the page.
5. To remove a movie or show from your viewing history, click Delete from ancient history button to the right of the title.
To remove items from the ‘Continue Viewing’ list
1. Go to Amazon Prime Video and log in to your account if necessary.
2. find Keep watching carousel.
3. Click on the small one Edit button on the right side of the list.
4. click on “X” button on all titles you want to remove. When you are done, click done In the right corner.
4. Alternatively, hover over a title in the carousel and click Hide this button that looks like a circle with a dash through it.