Downing Street has issued a statement amid concerns over new lockdown restrictions in the UK.
A No. 10 spokesman said there were no plans for a further Covid-19 lockdown in England.
Downing Street issues statement on lockdowns in England
He said: “We have prepared our autumn and winter plans for ‘Plan A’ and ‘Plan B’ and we continue to look at the latest scientific data.
“There is no proposed plan for further lockdowns. We stick to the autumn and winter plan we have laid out. ”
It happens when Sajid Javid announced that he will hold a press conference later today, raising concerns about the government’s “Plan B” and further restrictions.
The health secretary will speak from 5pm on Wednesday as the government faces increasing pressure amid a worrying rise in coronavirus cases ahead of the winter months.
No plans for Covid ‘Plan B.
Prior to the press conference, Downing Street said ministers have no plans to activate the government’s winter -Covid “Plan B”.
Spokesman No. 10 would continue to monitor the latest figures for the disease, but that the number of hospitalizations and deaths was still “significantly lower” than they were earlier in the year.
“The important thing is that our vaccination program has been successful in breaking the link between cases and hospitalizations and deaths,” the spokesman said.
“Our focus remains on ensuring we get boosters out to those who are eligible.”