Team news and statistics ahead of Atalanta vs Man Utd in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday; kick-off at 20.00.
Keep up to date
Victor Lindelof will miss Manchester United’s Champions League match against Atalanta due to injury.
Ole Gunnar Solskjær appointed a 25-man squad for the trip to Italy, where the Swedish central defender will not be involved after receiving a blow in training on Monday.
Paul Pogba, who is serving a domestic quarantine, is in the group, as is compatriot Anthony Martial. Former Atalanta winger Amad Diallo has been ruled out with an injury.
How to follow
Follow live updates on SkySports.com and the Sky Sports app from 18.30 on Tuesday; kick-off at 20.00. Also follow the Gillette Soccer Special live on Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Premier League from kl.
- Atalanta have only won one of their five matches against English teams in the UEFA Champions League (D1 L3), and that victory came away in Liverpool last season. Gian Piero Gasperini’s team was beaten 3-2 by Manchester United last time, despite taking a 2-0 lead in the match.
- Manchester United have only lost one of their last 11 matches against Italian opponents in the UEFA Champions League (W8 D2), while they have picked up victories in five of the last six (L1).
- This will be the fourth time Atalanta has hosted an English opponent in European competition (currently W1 D1 L1). Manchester United will be their fourth different opponent this time around, having hosted Everton, Manchester City and Liverpool – all since the 2017-18 season.
- Manchester United seem to be recording their 150th victory in the Europa Cup / UEFA Champions League, which would make them the first English team to reach this milestone, and the fourth overall after Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.
- Atalanta have lost just two of their last eight home games in the UEFA Champions League (W3 D3), while winning 1-0 against Young Boys at MD2 this season. The Italian team has only won consecutive home matches once before in the competition and beat Dinamo Zagreb and Valencia in 2019-20.
- Manchester United have lost their last three away games in the UEFA Champions League, including a defeat to Young Boys on MD1 this season. They have never before lost four consecutive away matches in the Europa Cup / UEFA Champions League.