Tyson Fury operation, Deontay Wilder, video, highlights

Tyson Fury beat Deontay Wilder with “50 percent” physical fitness and provided only three and a half weeks of full training, according to his father John.

Gypsy King strengthened his status as the world’s best heavyweight boxer last month as he took care of American Wilder and survived two heavy knockdowns before stopping his opponent in the 11th round.

Fury was announced for its incredible fight, with many describing it as an instant classic.

The Briton was especially praised for his attacking style, which went forward and took the fight to Wilder.

Watch Tim Tszyu vs Takeshi Inoue LIVE at the Main Event available on Kayo and Foxtel, Wednesday, November 17 from 6 p.m. 19 AEDT. BOOK NOW>

New vision reveals Wilder handshake snub | 00:29

Wilder was also praised for his improved show, where he beat Fury to the floor and looked more competitive under coach Malik Scott.

Yet, according to John Fury, his son was simply not in shape and has since required surgery on his elbows.

“It was not a boxing match. “Tyson was very badly injured when he went into that fight,” he said BT Sports Boxing.

‘He should have chromosome injections in both elbows. He has since been operated on, six hours all day in the hospital to get them fixed.

‘I think he had some bone spurs that he had to remove, he was disabled from the beginning. The boxing side of it went out the window because I knew he would be like that from an early age.

“When I saw his eye, I just knew he was going to seek and destroy. That was what he did, and believe me, it was exciting for the paying public, probably one of the most exciting matches you will see. .

“But in terms of boxing, he did not do anything he trained on. They could not have trained for that, could they?”

Tyson Fury celebrates its knockout victory in the 11th round against Deontay Wilder.  Photo: Getty Images
Tyson Fury celebrates its knockout victory in the 11th round against Deontay Wilder. Photo: Getty ImagesSource: Getty Images

Fury’s chronic elbow pain also came amid a family scare in which his newborn daughter, Athena, was placed in the intensive care unit.

While she survived, the incident delayed Fury’s training camp.

“To be honest, I think he only had about three and a half weeks to train for it,” Fury added. “When I was in the hospital in Liverpool with him, he could not have been lower.

“To go from there four weeks later and do what he did, he moves mountains this man. Was he fit? No not at all.

“I would not say anything different, I said, ‘You did this, you did that, son.’

“I tried to be positive. But in my mind I knew the truth that he was only 50 percent of what he should be because he had too many problems. He had Covid in July when it was first supposed to take place, then he had problems with his daughter.

“You can not get your head straight from it within a few weeks – and that was what he did. To act like he did?

“I could see it was ring rust, 20 months out of the ring, and he thought, ‘Hell with the boxing, it’s not going to work, let’s get it, let’s have a war.’ It was an exciting affair. , but it shortens the career, right? ”

What’s next for Tyson Fury? | 04:39

Fury is expected to go next in the ring against Dillian Whyte in the UK.


Leave a Comment