- The Spotify Family subscription costs $ 15.99 ($ 22) per month and allows up to six users to use the service.
- The Family Plan also includes a Family Mix playlist and access to a kid-friendly Spotify Kids app.
- Spotify has four Premium plans designed for individuals, couples, students and families.
- Visit the Insiders Tech Reference Library for more stories.
Spotify is among the most popular music streaming services due to its multiplatform support, large music library and multiple service levels, including an ad-supported free plan. To avoid hearing ads between songs, use one of Spotify’s Premium subscriptions. And if you have a household of more than two people, the most cost-effective and convenient choice is probably Spotify’s family plan.
What the Spotify Family subscription offers
The Spotify Family plan includes six premium accounts, enough for most large families. All accounts are ad-free. The plan also comes with a few perks designed specifically for families, including the ability to block explicit music.
- Family mix is an automated playlist that combines tracks that each member of the plan listens to. The playlist is updated regularly.
- Spotify children is a separate mobile app designed for children only. It includes songs and playlists curated specifically for young listeners.
How much does a Spotify Family subscription cost?
Spotify Family costs $ 15.99 ($ 22) per month. If you use all six accounts, it’s about $ 2.70 ($ 4.00) per month. Student membership, which is $ US4.99 ($ AU7) per. month).
No minimum time is required to keep a family plan; you can start and cancel at any time, even though you will be charged for a whole month at a time. If you have never subscribed to any Spotify Premium subscription before, you can get a 30-day free trial when you sign up. If the family plan is not for you, you can cancel without paying anything, as long as you cancel the subscription before the first 30 days are over.
How to sign up for a Spotify Family subscription
To subscribe to a Spotify family subscription, go to the Spotify plans page. Here you can directly compare each of the four plans Spotify offers: Individual, Duo, Family and Student. (A couple without children is likely to prefer the Duo plan at $ 12.99 ($ 18) per month.)
Click when ready Get started under Family. Then log in to your existing Spotify account if necessary (even your free account is fine) or click Sign up for Spotify and create an account.
If you already have a Premium account, such as an individual plan of $ 9.99 ($ 14) per month. month, your plan will be automatically upgraded to Family when you complete the enrollment process.