Ontario’s health chief is set to hold a press conference Thursday afternoon on extending eligibility for the COVID-19 booster dose in the province.
Dr. Kieran Moore is scheduled to speak at 14.00
Moore said earlier this week that an “accelerated third-dose strategy” would be part of the new measures the province could introduce as a way to combat the new variant, Omicron.
Alberta announced Wednesday that it expanded booster shots to all adults 18 years and older.
Ontario allows COVID-19 vaccine booster shots for seniors 70+, AstraZeneca recipients among others
Third doses were already available in late summer to the high-risk populations such as transplant recipients, patients with haematological cancer in active treatment, recipients of an anti-CD20 agent, residents of long-term care homes and nursing homes, those in First Nations geriatric wards and seniors in community settings.
Alec Baldwin says he ‘did not hit the trigger’ in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting
The majority of Canadians want to leave the British monarchy. How feasible is it?
In early November, the third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine was then further extended to seniors 70 years and older, those who previously received two doses of AstraZeneca, including healthcare professionals.
So far, 86 percent of Ontarians 12 years and older are fully vaccinated, and nearly 90 percent have at least one dose. From last week, pediatric shots of Pfizer began going into the arms of children aged five to 11 years after it was approved by Health Canada.
– with files from Don Mitchell
See link »
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.