Grandson in court accused of murdering a Scottish couple found dead in Livingston’s home on Christmas Day

The grandson of an elderly Scottish couple found dead in their own home on Christmas Day has appeared in court, charged with two counts of murder.

Tobyn Salvatore, also known as Jay Fell, appeared in private at Livingston Sheriff Court in West Lothian on Wednesday, December 29, where he did not plead.

The 19-year-old was arrested and charged after the bodies of Mary and Denis Fell, both 73, were found inside their Livingston home.

Police kicked in the door of the Raeburn Rigg property shortly before midnight on December 26 after receiving reports of a sudden death.

Mary and Denis Fell celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary in September
Mary and Denis Fell celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary in September

But the two retirees, who had been married for more than 54 years, were both declared dead on the spot, triggering a major investigation.

Officers threw a large barrier up around the end-terrace property with a blue forensic tent erected in the front yard.

Shocked neighbors paid tribute to the “friendly” couple who had lived on the streets for more than 16 years.

They told how Denis took care of his wife Mary, who was disabled and struggling with mobility issues that caused her to use a wheelchair at times.

The Daily Record and Sunday Mail have always been at the forefront when it comes to reporting crime in Scotland.

But did you know all the ways in which you can stay informed about the most important crime and court headlines?

We share live crime news and exclusive legal stories as well as features and columns on historical cases, keeping our readers informed and updated across the country.

Salvatore has been remanded in custody and is expected to reappear within the next few days.

DCI Kevin Houliston from Scotland’s large investigative team said: “Our thoughts go to Mr and Mrs Fell’s family and friends and all those affected by this tragic incident.

“A continued presence can be seen in the area while officers continue their investigations, but this was an enclosed incident and there was no risk to the wider public.”

Do not miss the latest news from across Scotland and elsewhere – Sign up for our daily newsletter here .


Leave a Comment