Power outages in Perth: The family’s TV turns off during the power outage bulletin

The funny moment where the power goes on a Perth family’s TV while watching a news report on local power outages has been captured on camera.

Rolling power outages hit Perth earlier in the week due to a record-breaking festive heat wave that left many without power for days.

10 News First interviewed a frustrated woman about outcomes in her area on Tuesday. So her husband decided to film the 5pm bulletin on his phone (luckily they had enough power for that!).

“I recorded a news story to see my wife being interviewed regarding the power outages,” the Perth man wrote on Reddit.

In the video, presenter Lachlan Kennedy can be heard reading: “Thousands have been left without electricity as electricity …,” before he – in the perfect definition of irony – is suddenly interrupted by another blackout.

The man filming can not help but laugh. “Ha-ha, you’re kidding,” he jokes.

Rolling power outages hit Perth earlier in the week due to a record-breaking festive heat wave that left many without power for days.
Camera iconRolling power outages hit Perth earlier in the week due to a record-breaking festive heat wave that left many without power for days. Credit: u / reidstah/Save your

“Lol, sniffed wine out of my nose. Luckily I have a bottle in the fridge … it’s on. It’s funny … and sad, “one person wrote.

“PerthNow will no doubt take this up,” said another.

They were right, we could not help ourselves.

But in all seriousness, the rolling power outages have been a nightmare for many families across the metro area … so bad that they have led to an independent review.

Energy Secretary Bill Johnston announced the study on Tuesday, the fourth day in a row that the mercury peaked at 40C – the first time ever in December and only the third in the city’s history.

The extreme heat was blamed for contributing to Western Power’s struggles to keep the lights on during the festive season, with an outbreak that began on Christmas Eve, affecting 34,000 households ranging from Chittering to Scarborough.

By Thursday afternoon, there were still more than 300 homes off-grid.

Energy Secretary Bill Johnston apologized for the interruptions, which he blamed for several individual feeder errors across the network rather than generational issues.

“There are a number of challenges that come with it, firstly the disconnection itself, but secondly the difficulty of reconnecting. Due to periods of bushfire, the Western Power’s ability to reconnect some of these feeders is hampered,” Johnston said.

.

Leave a Comment