Manchester United’s board are blocking Jesse Lingard’s Newcastle move

Jesse Lingard has been stopped from moving to Newcastle United by Manchester United’s board despite temporary manager Ralf Rangnick giving the move his blessing, sources have told ESPN.

Lingard and Rangnick held talks on Monday, which ended with the German coach giving the green light for the English midfielder to be able to rent out.

– Transfer Talk LIVE: All the latest features and offers on Deadline Day
– ESPN + viewer guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more

But after both Newcastle and West Ham United bid for the deadline, Lingard was informed by the club that he would stay at Old Trafford. United sources insist they did not receive a suitable offer for the 29-year-old. They had asked Newcastle to pay a loan fee and a Premier League survival package of £ 12 million.

Sources have told ESPN that Rangnick agreed to let Lingard move after being influenced by his desire to earn a place in Gareth Southgate’s English squad ahead of the 2022 World Cup, which starts in Qatar in November.

Lingard has only started two matches this season and was left out by the English squad for the November internationals.

Lingard has six months left on his United contract, and sources have told ESPN that it intends to leave as a free agent this summer. He turned down the offer of a new deal earlier in the season.

Meanwhile, sources have told ESPN that United will receive a small loan fee from Everton after agreeing to let Donny van de Beek spend the rest of the season at Goodison Park. Everton have also agreed to pay the Dutchman’s salary in full.

There is no option to buy in the deal and Van de Beek is expected to return to United this summer.

.

Leave a Comment