Tue. Jul 5th, 2022

The husband of Australia’s most wanted conwoman, Melissa Caddick, has officially been booted from the couple’s multi-million dollar mansion.

Anthony Koletti left the $ 17 million property in Sydney’s Dover Heights earlier this week before officially handing over the keys on Wednesday.

Watch Koletti speak exclusively to 7NEWS Spotlight about the eviction in the video above

Watch Spotlight on Channel 7 and stream it for free on 7plus >>

It comes after a judge gave him just two weeks to vacate the property and be out by May 19 so the house could be sold to repay his wife’s victims.

Funds from the sale of the eastern suburbs property will be used to compensate the 74 investors who lost a total of $ 23 million through his wife’s Ponzi scheme.

Koletti standing on a balcony at the mansion prior to his eviction.
Koletti standing on a balcony at the mansion prior to his eviction. Credit: 7NEWS Spotlight

Caddick disappeared on 12 November 2020, the day after ASIC raided the Dover Heights home, and has not been seen since.

She is thought likely to be dead after the remains of her foot washed up on a NSW beach last year.

However, Koletti has sensationally told an upcoming 7NEWS Spotlight special that despite the grim discovery and not hearing from his spouse for almost two years, he believes she could still be breathing.

“Surely you do not still believe she’s alive?” presenter Michael User asked him in a preview of the exclusive interview, which is due to air this Sunday night.

“Look, anything is possible,” he responded.

Anthony Koletti has suggested his wife may still be alive.
Anthony Koletti has suggested his wife may still be alive. Credit: 7NEWS Spotlight

Koletti also said that he is struggling to find a new place to rent due to his wife’s exploits, with landlords refusing to give him a lease after googling his name.

“Oh no, we do not want to give the apartment to that person,” he said is one common response.

Melissa Caddick’s husband makes million-dollar claim for her assets.

Melissa Caddick’s husband makes million-dollar claim for her assets.

Inquest on the horizon

The inquest into Caddick’s presumed death is due to commence on September 12.

Criminologist Xanthe Mallett who, like much of Australia, has followed the case with close interest, told 7NEWS.com.au a coronial inquest would hopefully go a long way in answering questions.

From her analysis of the case, she says it is unlikely Caddick is alive, but she also does not believe she took her own life.

The couple with their spaniels.
The couple with their spaniels. Credit: Supplied

“One of the top theories is that she suicided and my concern with that is, from what we know of Caddick’s personality, that just seems to really counter what you would expect of her,” Mallett said.

“She was a highly intelligent woman. Obviously, she would have known what she was doing was illegal.

“She would have known that there were risks and she would have had mitigation plans in place if it all went wrong.

“I think it’s more likely there was human intervention, but that’s, as I said, just from what’s been released publicly.

Anthony Koletti’s full interview with 7NEWS Spotlight airs this Sunday night on Seven and 7plus

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.